Update: I’m now publishing these as a series of web comics: http://Try-Catch-Finally.com.
The following is a list of the movie lines that my blog’s tag line has parodied. Following the line in parentheses is a link to IMDB.com for the movie where the inspiration for the parody appears.
You can check out others here: http://mark-gilbert.com/category/parodied-lines/.
- Technology, served light and fluffy. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284611/ )
- I knew a man who once said, “The BSOD smiles on us all. All a man can do is smile back.” (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172495/ )
- Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to roll your own. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120915/ )
- Have you ever coded like the devil in the pale moonlight? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096895/ )
- You are without doubt the worst programmer I’ve ever heard of. / But you have heard of me. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325980/ )
- You didn’t slay the dragon?!? / It’s on my TODO: list… (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126029/ )
- Are you telling me that you built an IDE… out of a DeLorean? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/ )
- The fourth rule of pair programming – only two programmers to a pair. Fifth rule – only one pair at a time, fellas. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/ )
- …one CLR to rule them all, and at runtime .Bind() them (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120737 )
- Run unit tests, run! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109830/)
- With a great framework comes great responsibility. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145487/)
- Keep to the code (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325980/)
- You can’t handle the .NET! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104257/)
- You had me at Intellisense (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116695/)
- Every thread dies, not every thread really lives. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112573/)
- V for Visual Studio (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/)
- Live long and .NET (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084726/)
- May the .NET be with you (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/)
2 thoughts on “Previously Parodied Lines”
Ahh, Mark… some things just never change!
I really enjoyed the list, especially #9.
[…] core of this week’s parody was actually one of the original Parodied Lines that I did for my technical blog. I, too, like the way it rolls of the tongue – it just took me […]